Disclaimer – this post may contain affiliate links. 🙂 See the disclosure page for more information. All opinions are 100% my own!
*THE GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED!*
If I had to sum up my second month as a blogger in one word, I would choose busy! This month my main focus was getting more content up on my site, and you guys, I put my heart and soul into those blog posts! But I wouldn’t have it any other way.
So I actually have something super exciting happening right now!! I’ve been fortunate enough to connect with some very rad bloggers this past month. I’ve gained great feedback and advice (I reeeally need to make-over my blog) and best of all, I get to do a GIVEAWAY!! More about that a little later in the post 😉
August was all about goals. I’m constantly setting goals and readjusting goals and sometimes I even reach my goals! Best. feeling. Ever.
But then sometimes I don’t reach my goals and that can get a little discouraging. It’s the opposite of Best. Feeling. Ever. But what can I do except move forward?
“‘Go back?’ He tought. ‘Not good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!'”
Since it’s statistically proven that you are FAR more likely to achieve your goals if you write them down, I like to share mine. Plus I love to see other people’s goals so we can encourage and uplift one other! These were my goals for August:
- Reach 500 page views. According to my blog’s analytics, I’ve reached 508. Awesomeness!
- Earn $100. Actual amount earned this month – still $0. But like Bilbo says, going forward is the only thing to do. On we go!
- Write 10 more posts. I published 7 this month (not including this post) and it was a lot of work! Work I heart though. 😀
- Reach 10 subscribers and create at least one newsletter. I got a few subscribers (bless their hearts!) but still no newsletters this month. I’ve been working through a few ideas, so I definitely have higher hopes for Setpember!
- Social Media. My Pinterest followers grew from 46 → 61. Win! My Instagram followers grew from 50 → 62. Double win! So although I didn’t grow my following by 50% like I was hoping, what’s important is that I’m growing. I think it’s also worth noting that I’m posting a lot – personal posts on Instagram and using Tailwind for Pinterest – and I myself started following a lot of really cool people! As for Twitter, I honestly just don’t really use it, and Facebook, to me it’s still more of a private platform where I connect with actual friends. Perhaps in the future I’ll look at doing a separate Facebook page for the blog.
What’s working – Engaging. Like I mentioned earlier, I’ve been getting to know other bloggers and business owners and work from home moms. I joined Facebook groups and Pinterest group boards and even joined some amazing affiliate programs! You guys, there are some awesome people out there. Probably my main piece of advice (besides that which I borrowed from Master Baggins ↑) is to engage and interact and find your community.
What’s not – Burning out. I haven’t burned out yet, but I know myself well enough to recognize that I need to slow down a little. My kiddies just started school a couple of days ago (wait WHAT?) and fall gets busy. So I need to pace myself and be patient with myself while I continue to learn and figure out my best time management strategies.
So that brings me to my goals for September:
- Reach 1000 page views. *insert your “she must be crazy” facial expression here*
- Earn $100. Yes. Again. I’m stubborn.
- Publish 5 posts. Awesome ones, obviously.
- Write and send out my first flipping Newsletter. Because I want to and I ♥ you.
- Upgrades. My Blog is only an infant and she already needs a face lift! My first order of business is to get a new profile picture. I also need to go back and tweak older posts to make them better and improve the graphics.
- Continue to grow in social media. I’m not sure if I should actually have an achievable number written down. The way I see it any growth at all is plus!
- Take the Become a Pinterest VA TODAY course! Which leads me to…
The Giveaway!! (now closed)
Ok, I need a hot second to compose myself, because I can’t remember the last time I was this excited about something. If you don’t already know, Kristen and Gina (I’m sure you’ve heard of them. If not, by all means click here or here.) have created a course called Become A Pinterest VA TODAY! I actually wrote a post on it, and I have to say I’m so pumped up for it.
If you like Pinterest and want to be able to work from home, this might just be the perfect thing for you! This is probably the coolest side hustle or career opportunity I’ve ever heard of. And it gets better, because I’m giving away a spot to one lucky winner! To enter, all you have to do is leave a comment below. It’s the easiest thing to do, so why not? And by the way, it’s a $249 course, so this giveaway is HUGE!
I’ve received quite a few questions about the course, and Kristen and Gina (love them) have some answers.
Q. How much does it cost?
A. $249, or two payments of $129.
Q. When is it?
A. The official launch period is September 8-11th, but if you’re on the wait list you’ll be offered a special deal if you enroll on September 7th!
Q. Do I need any existing skills to become a Pinterest VA?
A. Nope, the course promises to cover everything. Plus once you’re enrolled you’ll be able to join the private Facebook group, so you can ask any and all questions you might have.
Q. How much money can I actually make?
A. They say that starting out brand new, you could charge your first client $15/hour. But that number quickly goes up with results and experience. Many students earn 50/hour or $250-$300+/client. The potential is most definitely there and the demand for qualified Pinterest VAs right now is massive!
Q. How long does the course take?
A. That depends on how much you work on it each day. You probably could and should expect to learn and be able to implement the material in about a month or less. Then it’s time to get start working and making $$!
It might also be helpful to check out their Facebook Page and re-watch the live video! But please feel free to contact me with any other questions or concerns (or if you just wanna say, hey girl hey, that’s cool too!). And remember, for the love of Pinterest, leave a comment for a chance to win the giveaway! If you don’t, then you’re just plain crazy. That would be the only logical explanation 😛
P.S. I promise no one will spam you or use your information, it’s for giveaway purposes only 🙂