NOTE – This post may contain affiliate links. If you use the link to make a purchase, I earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) 😀 All opinions are 100% my own! For more info, see the disclosure page.
What a month!
We’re all getting settled into the fall routine, hubs got a new job, plus a lot of “goings on” for me. Speaking of goings on, stick around to the end of the post if you’d like to enter this month’s giveaway!
I’ve been blogging for three months now! And what a journey this has been so far. When I first started out I really had no idea what I was diving into. Turns out it’s a vast lake with something new to see and do and learn every single day, plus many nooks and crannies I never even knew existed or thought to explore.
As many of you know I’ve been in the process of starting up a VA business in conjunction with my blog, focusing primarily on Pinterest. This just happens to be where my talents and interests meets demand and I’m so excited! What I wasn’t initially expecting was to also become somewhat of an Instagram VA. The funny thing is I love it just as much, so I’m rolling with it. Currently I’m a bit swamped with Instagram, but I’ll be posting on my Hire Me page as my services become available.
I’m constantly baffled at how there’s always so much to do and learn! I’d say time management has definitely been my biggest struggle this month. Apparently I’m not super good at it! But I’m trying to not feel stressed and overwhelmed (as I often tend to do). Let’s just focus on doing the best we can and getting better each day!
Goals for September
- Reach 1,000 page views on blog. I got to 835. Hint – Giveaways are a really great way to drive traffic to your blog!
- Earn $100. I forgot to mention in last month’s goals that I decided to take off Google Ads. I had made $0.78 from it the previous month, and it just wasn’t worth it to me having them clutter up my blog. Plus they’re a little ugly and sometimes a little weird. So, scratching that $0.78, I made $3.90 from an affiliate link in September.
- Publish 5 posts. I published 3. Writing blog posts is one of my favourite things to do, it just takes me so much time to do it! I cannot fathom how people manage to put up multiple posts a week or a new one every day. Perhaps they were born on Krypton.
- Write and send out first newsletter. Check! Though I’ll be changing the format a bit and adding freebees, so if you like that sort of thing make sure you subscribe!! P.S If you’re one of the few lovelies that got my last newsletter, I mentioned that this blog post was scheduled for September 4th, when in fact I meant October 4th. 🙂
- Upgrades. My blog got a major do over this month. I redid graphics and polished up old posts and nuked some of the really bad ones all together. It felt like a very satisfying cleanse!
- Continue to grow on social media. This is where it gets fun. Because of everything I learned these past few months, I’ve really been able to grow on Instagram and Pinterest. On Instagram I went from 62 – 111 followers. (As of right now. You get some and you lose some, it’s just the natural way of Instagram.) On Pinterest I went from 61 – 70 followers. Which I’m learning is not as important as clicks and interaction. 😉
- Take the Become a Pinterest VA Today course! Crushed it. So thankful I jumped on that opportunity and I’m already implementing everything I learned. I took on a couple of free trials, but would like to do one more to get some more good experience under my belt. So if you’re reading this (and you have a wordpress site), and you’d like me to take over your Pinterest account for a month as a VA, I can really help you increase traffic and boost your business! Or if you’re thinking of becoming a Pinterest VA yourself (There’s plenty of room for all of us!), You can get on the waitlist here.
Goals for October
- Reach 1500 page views. A note of encouragement (for myself and for all you other new bloggers out there) – once you get momentum things will start to flow much easier!
- Publish 4 posts. Life is busy, but I’m working on those time management skills!
- Earn that first $100. I honestly thought I would have by now, but some goals just don’t come quite as easily as others.
- Social media – reach 150 followers on Instagram, and 100 followers on Pinterest. And help others do the same so they too can boost their businesses!
- Accomplish one more free 1 month trial as a Pinterest VA. Contact me if you’re interested and we’ll chat!
- My main goal – all along (since I started thinking about my own business) was to eventually get to the point where my husband could retire if he wanted to. He has been working his heinie off to support a family since he was 20 years old, and I’d just love to be able to share that burden with him now as much as I can. We kind of joke about switching roles so he can be a stay at home dad, haha!
So I discovered that I adore doing giveaways! I actually filmed a fun little video for this giveaway, but was having issues uploading it. I’d rather have this post go live on schedule instead of taking the time to figure it out. Such is life! Without further ado, here’s how you can enter to win a $20 STARBUCKS GIFTCARD!
- This giveaway will take place on Instagram.
- Follow me on Instagram
- Like and comment on my giveaway post
- Smile for no reason other than the fact that you are awesome! ♥
In closing, I just have to say I find it so interesting how blogging has opened up a whole new world for me, leading me to places I never imagined myself going. That’s why I so strongly encourage people who are fiddling with the idea of starting a blog, but aren’t sure about it. Blogging is not for the faint of heart! But if you have it in you, then you should absolutely wholeheartedly 100% share it.